Total Pageviews

Monday 21 March 2011

Typewriter T-shirts

When Richard Polt posted the "gorgeous" Royal ad, "Let There Be Typewriter", on his Writing Ball blog, my first thought was "T-shirt", and I told Richard as much. It turns out I wasn't alone. Fellow bloggers "notagain" and "Little Flower Petals" were thinking along exactly the same lines. Then Ryan Adney (Magic Margin) came out with his Phoenix Typewriter Round-Up and "typosphere glorious cause" artwork. The temptation was too great, I'm afraid. So, lady and gentlemen, here are the T-shirts, with a couple of examples of Ryan's wonderful creations, and Richard's eBay find. I hasten to add, these are one-off garments, for personal use only. All my many hundreds of typewriter T-shirts are.
For this earlier T-shirt, I used Richard P's Christmas ecard:

4 comments:

ToriForte said...

Awesome! I particularly like the red shirt. Do you print these all yourself?

Earlier as I was making the one I have up on my blog I was thinking I'd like to have it as a shirt...

Ted said...

I'm guessing inkjet iron-on transfer paper? I actually have some of that, but I'd need to replace the color ink cartridge in my printer. (:

Robert Messenger said...

Yes, I make almost all my own typewriter T-shirts, using iron-on transfer paper. They come out best on white T-shirts and last much longer than those on darker T-shirts, which is a different type of transfer paper. I use Word Document and WordArt to create the designs. With the white T-shirt process, you print in "mirror" or reverse image. I've had a lot of fun with -shirt making over the years. The T-shirts are a very good quality, under $10 each, and the paper costs about $3 a sheet on average.

Ryan Adney said...

Fun. I never even thought of that. Great craft project!