Total Pageviews

Monday 7 March 2011

Typewriters: Talking About Which ...

Last month I was invited by the Sticky Institute to give two typewriter presentations at the State Library in Melbourne during the institute's "I Am Typewriter: The Triumph of Continued Usefulness" festival. I drove down there from Canberra (seven hours) with a selection of 30 of my own typewriters, to demonstrate my subject. Each of the well-attended talks went on for two hours and covered the technical development of the typewriter, particularly the portable. I took along my own camera but, of course, forgot to take photos. Finally I am able to post a few photos, thanks to Eloise Peace and Androniki of the Sticky Institute.
This is the grand old building on Swanston Street, Melbourne, in which the talks were held:

1 comment:

Richard P said...

That looks like so much fun for everyone. What a fantastic building!