Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Imperial Model D Typewriter looking for new British home

Marion in Essex in England's south-east is 75 and "having to 'clear out'" her house. She acquired this Imperial Model D many years ago from a friend who was running a charity shop at the time; "it was not selling in the shop, and she thought I would be interested in it. Sadly, I just put it away in the loft, and more or less forgot about it." It has a case and a small box of tools.
If any of my friends in Britain are interested in making Marion an offer, please let me know and I will forward Marion's contact details on.

4 comments:

Bill M said...

First one like that I've seen. I wish I were in G.B.

Rob Bowker said...

Hi Robert, of course those old Imperials have always intrigued me. I'd be very happy to give it a home if someone hasn't already beaten me to it.

Spiderwebz said...

Nice color! Did it work out for you Rob?

Robert Messenger said...

Rob, sorry it has taken so long to respond. Piotr had asked me for a contact email address before I heard from you and I waited until I heard what the outcome to that weas. Piotr contacted the lady and made what we both thought was a very reasonable offer, but she decided not to sell. If you want to email me I can tell you how much Piotr offered, in case you want to go higher?