Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Dinky Olivetti Lettera 22 Portable Typewriter Handbooks

These dinky little Olivetti Lettera 22 portable typewriter handbooks came in true pocket-size editions. The first one, from 1955, with the black cover, measured 3 5/16 inches by 4 7/8 inches (8.4cm x 12.3cm). This is for the original Lettera 22, in taupe with an embossed brand name on the paper plate. The second handbook, from 1963, came in a red plastic binder, 3 1/8 inches by 4 3/4 inches (8cm x 12cm). It is for the latter model Olivetti Lettera 22s, in pistachio and glaucous.

4 comments:

Martin A. Rice, Jr. said...

I thought I would never be able to figure out my Olivetti 22. :):) Seriously, a great resource, Robert!!

Bill M said...

Great information Robert.

TonysVision said...

Some lovely graphics in those handbooks, Robert. Thanks for the scanning.

Phil said...

I have a Lettera 22 and 32, and I was not aware that if you depressed the MR key will returning the carriage, it would automatically indent 5 spaces. I'll have to try it. Thanks!