Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 October 2014

Trapped By Typewriters

This is what it feels like to be hemmed in at every turn by typewriters. Typewriters everywhere, with nary a drop of ink in the house. I am trying desperately hard to burst free, with more than 20 typewriters lined up waiting to be shipped off, another 40 odd on the stairwell waiting to be picked up and taken away this week, and half a dozen in the working area waiting to be fixed. And, yes, there is an Olympia portable (or three) on my mind ...
Well, I don't know why I came here tonight
I got the feeling that something ain't right
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair
And I'm wondering how I'll get down those stairs
Adlers to left of me
Parvas to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
Yes, I'm stuck in the middle with you
And I'm wondering what it is I should do
It's so hard to keep this smile from my face
Losing control, yeah I'm all over the place
Tippas to left of me
Gromas to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
Trying to make some sense of it all
But I can see it makes no sense at all
Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?
'Cuz I don't think that I can take any more
Letteras to left of me
Skyriters to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
- With apologies to Stealer's Wheel

2 comments:

shordzi said...

Neatly put, I concur.

Bill M said...

I love the re-write!

I'm walled off with typewriters much to my wife's chagrin although she really likes my latest find.