Total Pageviews

Friday 24 October 2014

YUM! Sweet As: Typewriter Jelly Lollies

Make your own typewriter jelly lolliesThese are easy to make, provided you have the moulds. The only ingredients are jelly crystals, gelatine and water. I have also made these as chocolates, but I found the chocolate ones a bit hard on the teeth. These are not too sweet, or sugar-coated like store-bought lollies, and are a nice chewy texture. I used orange, mango orange, mango, creaming soda, lime, raspberry, blackberry and berry blue flavours.

9 comments:

Richard P said...

They are so cute!!

Herman ought to serve these at his meeting.

Robert Messenger said...

Thanks Richard. I only wish I could find the typewriter napkins Herman had at last year's gathering!

Bill M said...

Yum! Now that is my kind of candy!

Terry Murray said...

And you can get the moulds ... where? Inquiring minds, etc. etc.

Robert Messenger said...

Terry, I came across the moulds on eBay some years ago and am not sure if they are still being sold there. One lot has six Remington/Underwood Noiseless portables on each sheet, about 2 inches square. The other has a single large Hermes Baby/Empire Aristocrat, about 5 inches square, on each sheet. I can only suggest having a look on eBay. I think they are primarily designed to make chocolates. If you need the jelly lollies receipt, let me know. RM

Robert Messenger said...

That should be recipe, sorry ...

Robert Messenger said...

Just had a look and the single typewriter moulds still seem to be available on eBay.

Nick Bodemer said...

The colors remind me of 1960s Royals.

Terry Murray said...

Thanks, Robert. I'll have a look and get back to you. I understood "receipt" - I'm Canadian, so am fluent in American and British/Australian!