Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Talking About Typewriters

The first of my floor talks coinciding with the typewriter exhibition at the Canberra Museum and Gallery took place this afternoon. The gallery was fully packed with people (standing room only, as they say!) , which showed a very heartening interest in the subject. The title of the talk was "What Makes the Click Go Clack, What Makes the Bell Go Dink!" The next such talk will be on September 5.
Rheinmetall portable carriage explained
Taking apart a Nakajima Royal

5 comments:

Jasper Lindell said...

O, if school didn't get in the way... If only I was there. I'm sorry to have missed it for something as trivial as a maths lesson.

Scott K said...

I see you're still fondling those topless typewriters.

Looks like you had a ball though. You're really into your exhibit! And what's that white sort of remington looking thing....

Can't wait to have a closer look.

notagain said...

very cool - wish I could be there. Can you stream these to a g+ hangout?

Nat said...

Gaaaah, I wish I was one of those faces in the crowd!

You're looking so comfortable there! :D

Miguel Chávez said...

I feel envious of the lucky people who could attend to that talk. Congratulations!